"Hopping with Joy at Bev's". August 2012.

Lesser Marsh Grasshopper
After the last visit to Bev's, I headed back the next morning for more of the Grasshoppers and crickets. The weather was great and I was just concentrating on the 'hoppers, so I only had the macro gear which enabled me to roll around the ground as it were' and get some closer images. The most vocal, again, was the Roesel's Bush Cricket, but number wise I saw more Lesser Marsh Grasshoppers. 
Lesser Marsh Grasshopper
Lesser Marsh Grasshopper
This bright Lesser Marsh' let me approach nice and close, it then started to clean its eyes, captured below, I love the armour plating look when viewed up close.
Lesser Marsh Grasshopper
Field Grasshopper
Although seeing the Field Grasshopper last time I didn't actually get an image so this time I made sure I came away with some. Notice the long wings and red colouration to the top of the abdomen.
Field Grasshopper
Roesel's Bush Cricket
Long Winged Conehead
I was lucky enough to grab a couple of shots of this beauty before it jumped out of sight. A great new addition for the site. 
Long Winged Conehead
Wasp Spider and unfortunate Grasshopper
This grasshopper was less fortunate and ended up as dinner for a Wasp Spider. A colourful spider and on closer inspection of the web under the spider and in front/below of the grasshopper you can just make out the zig zag pattern which strengthens the structure, known as the'Stabilimentum.