Recently.

 The year seems to be flying by and I don't feel I've had the chance to get out much, recently my 'old back' has had me laid up, so with my wife Sarah encouraging me to take up painting again I thought okay give it a go. It's taking a while to get back into the feel of things and I wasn't happy with the first couple of attempts, but I have finished these 3 paintings shown here, "Stork at Trujillo" and 2 of "Bird Eggs".


 Over the last bank holiday weekend I was able to meet up with family in Norfolk and spent a day having a walk around Felbrigg Hall ending with a lovely picnic. During the walk around I was able to see some new birds for the year, namely House Martin, Sedge Warbler, Reed Warbler along with other birds including Grey Wagtail, 2 stonking Mandarin drakes, Blackcap, Chiffchaff, andTreecreeper. Thursday this week brought rain and heavy skies, but it also brought over my first 2 Swifts of the year, closely followed by another 2 today, so nice to see them back in our skies.