Iceland Gull. Trimingham. 11th Feb 2019.

 With birding being very quiet I hadn't been rushing to get out, instead checking when we have been taking the dogs for a walk and checking feeders during the afternoon. The gull numbers had been very quiet whenever the front was checked out, but I decided to get up early on this day and indeed get some coast watching in, there had actually been quite a few rafts of red throated diver on the sea the previous day but as I started to scan the sea I noticed a distinct lack of divers except a group of 4, seems that they are all migrating north?
For once there were a decent amount of gulls moving past to keep my interest, and then came into view on it's own a lovely Iceland Gull. There had been a distinct lack of winter gulls this time round so I was chuffed to bits to of found one. It headed along the shoreline towards Sidestrand and was seen by another birder on the beach just along from me, before being chased of by Great Black Backed Gulls.