Lesser Kestrel. Westleton Heath, Suffolk. March 2010.
After 2 visits I finally got to grips with the Lesser Kestrel in Suffolk. I originally set off on the Monday 29th March to try for the Lesser' but unfortunately after 2 and a half hours standing in the rain the bird did not show. The Tuesday came and went with reports of the bird but alas I could not get there. But on the Wednesday 31st March I set off with high hopes. On arrival a small band of birders were there but the bird was not showing at present ( memories of monday came flooding back after missing it by 15 minutes ). But after a spell of brighter weather the Lesser' decided to put on an extended performance, flying around and perching up in different spots I was more than happy to of got this new addition even if it was distant viewing.