Home and Away. Mon 28th May 2012.

 After finishing my last night shift I grabbed my gear from home and headed up to Bev's. After a couple of hours it didn't look like anything new, bird wise, was about. Plenty of Sedge warblers and another Common Whitethroat, but centre stage went to the numerous Banded Demoiselle's flying along the river bank vegetation. 
 I then had some work to complete on the computer and luckily for me I can see the garden pond from where I sit. And on looking out I noticed a large dragonfly which landed on the ivy covered fence, and lo and behold I was looking at my first female Broad-Bodied Chaser in the garden. But unfortunately the bugger departed before I returned with my camera. And so as a consolation I managed to get a few record shots of a pair of Large Red Damselfly.