Feels like Spring.

Even though I was at work yesterday I managed to patrol around some land that is part of my workplace. It runs adjacent to a river and has a small area of woodland. Just over a week ago Sarah and I had seen our first Brimstone of the year whilst in the car, and with the weather how it was on this Saturday, surely it would bring something out. Firstly I watched a few bees feeding on the expanse of Snowdrops on the edge of some woodland, one was white tailed so either Bombus Lucorum or Bombus Hortorum probably but I am only going by my reference books, I shall have to remember my pocket camera in future!
Then I spotted a Brimstone flash past before noticing some fresh and colourful Small Tortoiseshell's, I saw at least 4 of these before adding a single Red Admiral. The pair of Great crested grebes were once again active along the same stretch of river, definitely change is in the air.
I have also completed another painting of a Eastern Yellow Robin, which you can view on my Artwork Blog.