Hummingbird Hawkmoth. 29th May 2014.

 A couple of nights ago after all that rain had passed, Sarah and I decided to sit in the garden and eat our dinner. Just as we finished we saw the unmistakable flitting about of a Hummingbird Hawkmoth, I never tire of watching these little beauties and so off I ran to get the camera. Lucky enough it was still feeding on the same plant on my return, after a careful approach I was able to snap off some shots. Because it was in a shaded part of the garden I had to up the ISO, but any shot was gonna be better than none. Mind you it wasn't easy trying to stay on it as it hovered from one flower to the next, and after a brief encounter it flew up and out of the garden, settling on our roof to rest and sun itself. I kept checking for it to alight the same flowers again, but it seemed content on staying there on the roof and as the light faded too much I gave up the watch.