"The North Wind Doth Blow And We Shall Have.....Birds,Birds,Birds.

Well the wind did turn and blow down from the north and with the cold weather it brought birding to life along the coast here. There were some lovely birds to be seen, out to sea and also on land. There was a huge influx of owls along the coast, with both Short Eared and Long Eared. I got a call about this Long Eared Owl and headed along the short distance to see it with my Dad, it had come in off the sea exhausted and duly landed straight on the cliff face to rest up. The Short Eared Owl Sarah and I encountered was along the back lanes whilst walking the dogs. 
Long Eared Owl
 Velvet Scoter
Out to sea there were hundreds of wildfowl moving by, frustratingly I missed out on seeing Pomarine Skuas, even though there was an abundance of them they were no doubt too distant when I was watching. I did manage to see some Velvet Scoter which was a welcome addition to the patch.
Velvet Scoter
Richards Pipit
Then I received news of a Richards Pipit along the clifftop path, Immediately I set about grabbing the camera gear and legged it off! Five minutes later and it flew into view along the pathway a short distance away, it proved to be an elusive bird and stayed well hidden in the longer grasses, every now and again giving itself up as it came out onto the track, further along than expected only to then disappear back in the grass. I managed to grab a few record images before it headed off towards Sidestrand. And then to top off the excursion, a Little Auk sat out on the sea, doing it's best to avoid the unwanted attention of a Great Black Backed Gull. Great Birding and thanks to those that found them.
Richards Pipit
Richards Pipit
Richards Pipit
Richards Pipit
Richards Pipit
Richards Pipit
Richards Pipit